Being home in quarantine gives one a lot of time to think about future plans for the station.
My plans are coalescing now around a few key ideas I’d like to get done by October:
- Get as loud as possible. More contacts = more fun
- Improve all band vertical with addition of new radials
- Bring back 20m Delta Loop
- Bring back DX-LB Dipole for 160-40
- Purchase all AL-811 amplifier. I’ve used these before. They are cheap enough and reliable enough.
- Get two permanently mounted RCS-4 boxes in the backyard to allow for expansion to 8 antennas:
- 43′ All band vertical
- 66′ 80m vertical
- Phased 40m verticals NE/SW
- DX-LB 160-40m Inverted V at 40′ NE/SW
- 20m/10m Delta Loop at 40′
- 80m NVIS end fire wire at 8′
- This is a setup that historically got it done for me back in 2011.
- Get as automated as possible
- IC7300 to become main radio and easily works with computer with just a USB cable